THERE IS NO PLANET B!
The Responsible Wool Standard is a voluntary certification that ascertains the welfare of the sheep and the management of the land on which they graze. It ensures the production of wool in compliance with environmental integrity and in an ethically correct manner according to the 5 Freedom of animal welfare: freedom from hunger and thirst; Freedom from discomfort; Freedom from pain and disease; Freedom to express normal behavior; Freedom from fear and anguish.
The GRS recognizes the importance of recycling for the growth of a sustainable production and consumption model, with the aim of promoting the reduction of resource consumption (virgin raw materials, water and energy) and increasing the quality of recycled products. The certificate (issued after careful verification by the ICEA institute) ensures the content of recycled materials of their products, both intermediate and finished, the maintenance of traceability throughout the entire production process, restrictions on the use of chemicals and compliance with environmental and social criteria in all phases of the production chain from the recycling of materials, to the subsequent manufacturing phases, up to the labeling of the finished product.
It is an independent and uniform international control and certification system for raw materials, semi-finished and finished products in the textile sector at every level of processing, as well as for the accessory materials used. Regulates the use of several hundred chemicals:
- azo dyes, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium nickel, etc;
- numerous chemicals that are hazardous to health, even if not yet regulated by law;
- the requirements of Annexes XVII and XIV of the European Chemicals Regulation REACh and the ECHA candidate list of SVHC substances, if these are relevant for textiles and clothing or accessories according to the evaluation of the OEKO-TEX® expert group;
- the requirements of the US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) for lead;
- numerous classes of substances relevant to the environment.
TENCEL ™ is a certified viscose brand developed by Lenzing. TENCEL ™ Lyocell and Modal fibers come from eucalyptus or beech wood, which comes from responsibly managed forests. The production processes of these bio-based fibers respect the environment: the solvent spinning process allows the process water to be recycled and also the solvent to be reused. The certified fibers are 100% compostable and biodegradable and can therefore be totally reabsorbed by nature after their use.